Ladd Wendelin. Bingo!

Friday, October 14, 2005

GO! FUSKERS!

After a long, and frusterating week at the office, I like to unwind with my best mates. It's too bad though, I have most suave comerades this side of the Pecos! They're the Prints of Apple Island, and I'll tell ya, nothing beats dancin' your pants off to these cats grooving tunes. The sway of sweat and the swirl of arms and limbs, and you'll find your troubles are dead and gone. You can find out about them at www.printsofappleisland.com.

In other news...
I work at Time Warner Cable here in Lincoln. I know, working for "the Man." But it's a really good job, the folks are great, and I love it. Much better than working at Wal-Mart. And I get free cable, free internet, and half price on my phone service. But I'm not one to gloat. Everyone else has to pay for these things, and if I had to pay for cable, I wouldn't want it. It's madness. Especially with this pathetic Husker game coming up. Everyone is calling in asking for the game since we offer it only on Pay-per-View. I could care less, but the volume of calls I've taken the past few days are only indicative of the mania that grips Husker fans when it comes to their undying, unyielding devotion to the football team. As Marx once wrote, "Husker football is the opiate of the masses."

It's been a very depressing week. I'm looking forward to getting paid next Tuesday. More later...MAHALO!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home