Ladd Wendelin. Bingo!

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

jack-o-lattern grin


Today's news presented in verse.

Another Wednesday...
A little over a week until I'm paid again.
I wore a tie to work Thursday. I wore a tie today. People think I overdress.
To confess, it makes me feel like I'm going someplace in life.
1185 calls handled in Sept. 2005. Hot dog!
No new music to listen to. Have been listening to the Suf, Belle & Sebastian,
Decemberists for weeks now.

Decided that if I ever had to put a bumper sticker
On my car, it would be a general statement that would not
Polarize everyone, or make them feel a certain way, but could
Be something that everyone might respect and consider. It would read:
SUPPORT THE ARTS
[In bold letters.]
I think I'll do that next week.

I scratched my ear.
I bled for a few minutes, then stopped.
I hate that. My blood tastes salty and red.

Spending too much money on comic books.
I particularly like Alan Moore & James Kochalka.
Although I've been following Spider-Man closely
Since this past summer. Even so, he doesn't seem
very real to me.
I just want to see what will happen next...
It's comforting to know that Aunt May and Mary Jane
Know about him now, and they have no secrets to hide
Between them...

You know what I like about Halloween?
The feeling that things are not what they seem.
Trees are heathens adorned with twigs
That dance and sway in the pagan wind
That owes its allegiance to no one.

Olivia, if you get that tatoo of the squid
and the whale, how will you know if the
tatoo artist will preserve the detail of my
original drawing? He will spend hours on it,
But it will not be the same.

We are winning the war against trees.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home